Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas eve day and well, it's kind of depressing and stressful all rolled into one. Scott is at work from 7:30 this morning until about 8:30 tomorrow morning. Unfortunately there is the possibility that he will get held over tomorrow until 5:30, but I don't even want to think about that right now. (that is the depressing part)
The plan is tomorrow afternoon the family is coming over (mil, fil, great aunt, my parents and brother) and we'll do gifts and dinner. So here is the stressed part. The house is a mess and I have to clean it by myself (obviously no help from Scott since he's at work) with two little kids running amuck (sp?). I also have to finish baking and tomorrow I have to cook a damn 20 lb turkey. I'm stressed about how long it's going to take to cook such a mammoth bird. UGH! I'm also stressed because in the morning I can't let the kids downstairs until Scott gets home. I can not let them see the loot under the tree with out Daddy in attendance. Let's just hope they at least sleep until 6:30 and we don't have one of those 5:30 am days.
I was thinking tonight after the kids are in bed it would be nice to relax by the fire with a glass of wine, but alas we are plum out of wine and I'm plum out of money. Sigh.
I'm such a brat. There are people with no home to clean, no job to work overtime hours, no turkey to cook and no family to celebrate with and here I am complaining. But, it feels good to bitch sometimes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitch away girl - it's your blog. I'd love to drink a bucket of wine. Maybe in a few weeks I can pump and dump and have one of those evenings. Merry Christmas! I hope everyone's schedule has worked out for you this morning.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home