Saturday, February 18, 2006

We were sooooo bored today. Hubby is at work until tomorrow morning and it's freezing out so I was stuck in the house with the kiddos for a looooong time. When Zoey went down for her nap I did the lazy mother thing. I put a video on for Lindsey and I curled up on the couch with her and tried to nap while she zoned out watching tv. Didn't work so well. That child bounced around on the couch like a kangaroo. I finally had enough of being stuck at home so off we went to the library. Zoey was like a maniac running and pulling books off the shelves. We left with way too many books. I couldn't even fit them all in my backpack. Then we headed to McDonalds for a healthy dinner followed up by an hour running them ragged in the McDonalds playspace. There was a little girl there from Lindsey's preschool so they had a blast together. At least they got out a lot of energy. That is my goal each day. Wear them out, wear them out, wear them out. We started off slow today but I think I succeeded in the end.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sraikh said...

I have the same mantra, Tire them out..make them run like dalmations.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Momma-rama said...

That sounds like a day identical to the one I had yesterday. Take out the library, and add a trip to Oma's house. :)

1:28 AM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

We did Happy Hallow today (zoo, playground, rides combo) so we had equally tired kids.

I haven't been to McDonalds in ages, now I'm craving the fries.

And I have something several days overdue from the library I can't find. Thanks for the reminder.

I hope you had an early night tonight! (I've done the nap on the couch with the older while younger naps while watching Veggie Tales thing myself.)

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home