Thursday, December 29, 2005

Time on my own

On Thursday afternoons my MIL comes to my house to watch the kids. This is my time to run errands, do laundry, putz around on the computer or dare I say NAP!
Well today I did one of my all time favorite things to do on my own. I went to the bookstore. Scott gave me a $100 gift card to Borders so off I went. I love getting a really strong cup o' joe from their cafe and then I peruse the books. I only bought 4 books today because I look forward to returning in a month or so and spending the rest of the $ on more. I am a book junky. I HAVE to read before bed every night, which really thrills Scott (dripping with sarcasm). I could spend hours upon hours loping around a really good bookstore. Ahhhh, it was nice and I managed to only buy one kids item. That is usually really tough for me. I can almost never spend money on only myself and not the kids. So one stinkin book for Lindsey and four for me is quite a feat. Now I can hardly wait for the kids to go to bed so I can start on one of my new books. Of course Scott is going to want some of my attention, sigh.... the poor sap.

4 Comments:

Blogger Highlandgal said...

Yep, do you think he'd notice if you were reading over his shoulder? ;)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

AF reared her ugly head so he had to settle for actual conversation and the old married couple comfort of laying side by side in bed reading. :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

What books did you buy Leslie..I love puttering around the crafyts section of Borders..looking at the knitting books

6:09 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Sunita I bought "Vanishing Acts" by Jodi Picoult,"The Love Wife" by Gish Jen, "A Wedding in December" by Anita Shreve, "Running With Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs, "Saving Fish from Drowning" by Amy Tan. I think thats all. I got a gift cert. for xmas so I bought a lot.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home