Saturday, February 25, 2006

I haven't been a very good blogger this week. I've been having one of those weeks. I have extreme fatigue and nausea. I napped yesterday from 1-3:45 went back to bed at 9 and slept until 9:30 today. Yet, I'm still tired. But something else has kept me preoccupied that I haven't really felt up to writing about. My dear friend that I've know since elementary school tried to take her own life on Sunday. She' s been in the psych ward at an excellent hospital in our area ever since. I had plans with her last friday and she cancelled at the last minute. She sounded pretty miserable so I called her again on Saturday and talked to her for an hour and she seemed to be a bit better. Obviously I was wrong because the next night she felt so hopeless that she literally wanted to die. I have so many mixed emotions about this. I'm scared, sad, hurt, confused and even angry. I could go on and on about this but I just don't really think it would come out very, um, I don't know, clear, organized. Whatever. So anywho, please forgive my lack of updates this past week. I'll return to normal soon I'm sure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Highlandgal said...

Wow, so sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm sure your feelings of wanting her to recover are conflicting with wanting to kick her ass. Blog when you can. It might help to dump some of your feelings here. We won't mind. It's an issue that I'm sure we've all thought about a lot.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm sorry you are going through this with your friend. I'm sure it is frustrating and scary.

HUGS Girl!

11:06 AM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

I'm sorry Leslie. You sound like a great friend. Sorry your friend is going through this.

I'm glad you are getting your rest, take care of yourself!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Momma-rama said...

I'm sorry Leslie. It's so hard to see someone we love hurting like that.

12:30 AM  
Blogger 4texans said...

I'm sorry, I hope your friend gets better.

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Leslie - that has to hurt. Hugs to you. Blog away, that's what we're here for.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home