Friday, November 16, 2007

Emotional Roller Coaster

So I lost a friend today. Her name was Elizabeth. She was awesome. If you looked up witty in the dictionary you'd find her picture there. Go ahead and check, it's true.
I'm on a bit of a roller coaster now. I cried all day long. Now I feel fine. The giant glass of wine sitting before me may be the answer. Yes, I seek alcohol when sad, big whoop.
Elizabeth was my friend. BUT I wish we had become even better friends. She was just like me. Well, no, she wasn't just like me. I guess what I mean is I felt like me when I talked to her. Does that make any sense? No, not really. I guess I mean, there are very few people in life, whether you admit it or not, that you completely let your guard down when talking to. I took all my armor off when spending time with Elizabeth. I felt very comfortable with her. Now she's gone.
Don't feel bad for me. Feel bad for her husband and her two little girls. They are only 5 and not quite 3 years old. Feel bad for her husband when his two year old daughter keeps asking for her Mommy. Feel bad for him when he has to explain to nosey, yet well intentioned, strangers when they ask questions about the girls mommy. I think I shall call the girls gymnastics teacher (my girls go to the same place) and tell her what happened so I can save everyone a lot of uncomfortable embarrassment when the gymnastics teacher says something like "Hey girls! You've missed a few weeks of class. What happened? Where you sick?"
Crap, I'm just rambling nonsense now. I shall go and drink my sorrows away into my giant goblet of Chardonnay. Hopefully I will edit this tomorrow so I don't sound like a complete lunatic.

1 Comments:

Blogger b said...

I hope you don't edit this post. It's perfect the way it is. I'm sorry that you lost Elizabeth. I'm even sorrier for her husband and children. They have a long hard road ahead of them. Nobody should die so young.

My condolences to you all.

-b

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home