Thursday, February 02, 2006

Lindsey cried at preschool drop off today. It sucked. That's the first time she's ever done that. She was really upset. I left her while she was still crying and being hugged by her teacher. I know she'll be fine. But it really sucked. I used to have this pompous attitude that my kid was more well adjusted because of my fabulous parenting whenever I'd see other kids crying and hanging onto their moms at drop off. I guess I know better now. Okay, I'm kind of exaggerating, I never really thought that about my parenting but I did think my kid was better than everyone else's, which I still believe is true. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger b said...

It's heartbreaking leaving a crying child at daycare/preschool. I think they go through stages where they just want to be with mom. Sounds like a caring school though.

b
(found you from Jen's blog)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

LOL! We all think our kids are the best one. It must have been rough on you to walk away. I'm sure she was fine.

2:24 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

I'll admit it, I thought I was a parenting God when I would leave Jessica somewhere and she would be fine. I thought people should come to me for parenting advice. Then 12 months came rolling along and I was sent to a place where smugness bites you in the behind. 1 crying episode in 3+ years????????? You deserve an enormous pat on the back.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home