Monday, February 27, 2006

So it was my best friends birthday on Saturday. I took my less than helpful shopping companion, Lindsey, to the mall with me Saturday morning to buy a gift. I bought her (my friend, not Lindsey) a shirt a couple pairs of cute socks. We both have this thing about wearing cute socks. Anywho, Saturday night we had a babysitter and Hubby and I were heading down to a pub to meet my friend and a whole slew of other people to celebrate her birthday.
Well, I had absolutely nothing to wear. Hmmmm,,, So what did I do? Well naturally I took the newly purchased shirt and cute socks out of the perfectly wrapped gift bag and put them on and wore them to the party. I don't even feel guilty about it. I'll just go out and buy her something even better and mail it to her. She had MANY cocktails that evening and I'm certain any gifts that were given to her that night at the bar were likely left behind so it's really a good thing I didn't give her a gift that night.
The funniest part is, while at the party my friend said to me " I LOVE your socks." Buahahha. She'll enjoy this story when I share it with her sometime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL - that is something I would do.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I HAVE actually dont that before LOL!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home