Monday, March 20, 2006

I suck today

I am just so damn tired I can't even function. The most I can seem to do is keep the kids fed and somewhat clean, but that's it. I'm not exaggerating when I say they watched 5 hours of tv today. Not all in a row but still, I let them watch FIVE FREAKIN HOURS OF TV! I suck. I laid on the couch curled under a blanket and dozed off and on while they stared dumbly at the tv screen. I hate this feeling. I can not wait for this phase to pass, it sucks.
I did finally gather up enough strength to lug our butts to the grocery store late this afternoon. I was starving so I of course made several ridiculous impulse purchases that will likely never really get eaten. While loading up the car with all the groceries I noticed I had a bag of someone elses food that was put in with my stuff by the ingenious check out lady. It was two packs of ground beef and some other stuff. I don't even eat ground beef, couldn't it have been like two pints of Ben and Jerrys or something. Since I already had the kids in their careseats and it was freezing out I had no intention of going back into the store and waiting in the stupid customer service line to get my money back. So I suppose I could just make the kids some meatballs or burgers or something.
When I got home I discovered I didn't pay for the mystery bag of groceries at all. They aren't on my receipt so the poor sap behind me in line got really ripped off. I hope this isn't going to create any bad karma against me for not returning the goods.

4 Comments:

Blogger catankgirl said...

I think Olivia watches AT LEAST 5 hours of TV today. It rained all day, I had no energy, the house stunk like wood stain for our windows, and the couches were all in the wrong spot due to it. All-in-all I had no intentions of fighting it all. She watched PBS in the morning, 3, count them, 3 movies, and then PBS again in the afternoon. I'm not even pg, so I suck worse. Oh, and I had planned on going to the grocery store and never made it there, so can I have your free ground beef? lol

12:50 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Jessica you just made me laugh out loud. So glad I'm not alone. LOL I'll send you the ground beef for some fig preserves. LOL

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean letting your kids watch 5 hours of TV is bad? I really suck.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

I cannot wait for the first trimester to be over as well..

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home