Thursday, May 31, 2007

The face of an angel?

See how adorable, beautiful, sweet and happy she looks? I remind myself, and her too for that matter, every night that she is lucky she's so damn cute. I tell her she's lucky she's not one of those ugly kids because I could never be so forgiving of her behavior if she didn't look the way she did.
How can a child with a face like that have such a shrill, piercing scream? She screams in such a manner that it actually makes my skin crawl. She screams when she's mad, when she's frustrated, when she's hungry, when she's tired, and just about any other time of day she feels the need. She also bites, pushes and pinches her baby sister on a regular basis.
She is hard headed (not unlike her mother). She knows what she wants, when she wants it, how she wants it and god damn you better get it to her pronto. She is every bit a two year old and then some. My mantra these days is "it's just a phase, it's just a phase. And at least she's really cute."

3 Comments:

Blogger 4texans said...

Awww, cute picture!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds just exactly like my "angel". Man, this stage is hard. And, oh, guess what, I get to do it again in about six months. Oh, you do too. :)

8:15 AM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

No kidding. If Noah wasn't so darn irresistable I think I'd sell him, and the mess that follows him around, to the gypsies. All he has to do is look at me with that smile and I melt and somehow don't see the pile of water/dirt/clothes/tp/you-name-it he's just made.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home