Thursday, April 27, 2006

Letting out a BIG sigh of relief

All seems to be well. We had our Level II u/s yesterday and the same OB that saw me in the ER was able to come do my u/s and talk with me which was great. I hate it when you go to the hospital and you see five different doctors and you have to retell your story over and over again. So he didn't see any signs of danger on the u/s, the placenta was a little low but it wasn't separated from the uterus so we don't really know what happened. He thinks maybe because the very tip of my placenta is near my cervix that may have been the cause of the bleeding. Since I'm only 16 weeks he thinks the placenta will move up further out of the way.
The u/s tech blurted out, completely unprompted, that she thinks it's a girl but it's still too early to be sure. Hubby is pissed that she told us with out asking if we wanted to know. Part of me wanted to be surprised but part of me is glad I know who's in there.
THREE GIRLS! Can you imagine what it's going to be like around her in 12 years!!!!!!!!! Holy Christ!!!!!!!!!!!

One more thing. I'm on "pelvic rest" until my next appointment! Hubby is going to be such a crab. Looks like I'm going to have to "perform" some other tasks to relieve his DSB. In case you don't know what DSB is, it's Dreaded Sperm Build Up. Yup, this is what my charming 36 year old husband tells me he's suffering from when he's a grouch and we haven't had sex in a few days. Charming, isn't it....

3 Comments:

Blogger 4texans said...

Whew, glad you and the baby are okay. Funny about the DSB...lol!

10:41 AM  
Blogger DJ said...

Men are perfectly capable of curing their own DSB. Hee hee. I'm so glad that all is well!

4:08 PM  
Blogger b said...

Leslie,

I'm just now checking in on your blog for the first time in a while. I'm so sorry you had to go through such a scary time. You didn't post what made you fear losing the baby, but I'm gathering that you had some bleeding.

I had bleeding in all three trimesters, while pregnant with my older son. Every time it happened, I would panic, and we'd end up at the hospital. They never did determine what was causing the bleeding (I'm not talking spotting, b/c I had that too. This was heavy bleeding.) One thought was placenta previa. Anther thought was a blood vessel popping. Regardless, I ended up with a perfectly healthy baby boy.

I will be sending good vibes your way.

And yes, 12 years from now I will be happy to only have boys, and not girls!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home