Monday, May 15, 2006

I experienced a new "first" today

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later and frankly I'm surprised I've made it nearly four years into motherhood without it happening earlier.
I was at Target today with both girls and Zoey threw such a fit that I had to leave my cart full of items in the middle of the aisle and carry Zoey like a sack of potatoes out of the store. (with Lindsey dutifully tagging along behind) She was crying "daddy daddy" the whole time. I'm surprised someone didn't think I was kidnapping the poor child from her father.
I'm actually pretty impressed with myself. I didn't even loose my cool. I got some looks but what the hell do I care. I know when to cut my losses and this was definitely one of those times. I feel that maybe I have graduated to a new level in my motherhood status. Buahahaha.
In reality the people that gave me looks were probably thinking, "Jesus, that lady can't handle the two she has and she has another one on the way." Little do they know, I conceded long ago to the fact that I can't always control the two of them. Admitting that has made my life a lot easier at times, you know what I mean?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh maybe I need to come to that realization. I might be a lot less stressed.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

Hee hee. I get to do the "sack of taters" carry quite often these days. I'm glad you're all zen about it. lol

10:32 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

LOL. You go girl!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...

LOL. Makes me happy to realize Im past the middle of the aisle tantrums stage. Unfortunately Im now looking into the long dark tunnel of teenager land...oh lordie...lol

3:27 PM  
Blogger nowwhatelmo said...

Good for you!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home