Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Random things about Lindsey and her soon to be baby sister

Last night when I was tucking L in I put her hand on my belly and told her she could feel the baby move if she kept her hand still. Sure enough she got to feel quite a few really good kicks. She thought it was SOOO cool. She literally squealed with delight at each kick. She was so wide eyed and amazed. I don't know why it's taken me so long to let her feel that. I guess it never occurred to me that she is old enough to really "get it", the whole baby in mommy's belly thing. She was so cute. She didn't want me to move so she could keep on feeling her move.
Another thing, she named the baby a few months back. I don't know how or why she came up with this name but she insists that's the baby's name. It sounds like she's saying "Age". She has a knack for making up weird names. Her stuffed kitty that she sleeps with is named "Pyabya". That's the phonetic and likely only way to spell it. She just likes to make up names that feel fun rolling off the tongue I guess. She's going to be very confused when the baby is born and she is NOT named "AGE". I guess she thinks since she gets to name her dolls and all her other toys then naturally she gets to name her baby sister. Makes sense in the mind of a four year old I suppose.
At her birthday party I overheard L talking to her friend C and she was whispering in a very excited voice:
" C see how my mummy's belly is getting bigger and bigger? That's because there's a newborn baby in there!"

It's a whole different experience being pregnant now that she is four. When I was pregnant with Z she was so little, not even two for the majority of the time. She is so much wiser now. I don't think I give her enough credit for her ability to "get" things.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very sweet! What are you naming the baby btw?

9:12 AM  
Blogger allison said...

That is great.... Avery doesn't get it either. We talk about the new baby that's coming to live with us all the time, but I think she's in for a rude awakening!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I have no idea what we are going to name her. Maybe she will end up being "AGE". ;)

12:02 PM  
Blogger b said...

That's so cool! Jacob was 13 months when Josh was born, so he had no idea that I was pregnant at all.

I'll bet L will be a big help to you this time around as well.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That is sooo neat that she gets to actually realize what is going on! What are you talking about? Don't you love the name 'Age'?

12:02 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

I understand how Lindsey will feel about "Age." I have been asking you to name this baby Corrine Scarlett for how long?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home