Saturday, August 19, 2006

Our weekend, so far

This is where the four of us went Friday afternoon. If you can't figure it out, it's the Wiggles. By the time we were about 2/3's of the way there I realized I forgot to bring Z's shoes. She had been napping in her crib right before we left and I had just scooped her out of her crib and put her in the car, obviously barefoot. Hmm, what to do what to do. Well at least she's only a toddler, she can get away with barefeet in public. By the time we parked it was already 3:00 which is precisely what time the show was supposed to start. Now being the Wiggles groupie that I am, this was not my first show, and I know from past experience they don't start right on time. So as we're exiting the parking garage I see a store that has a Nike sign on it. I look at Hubby and say "Do you think they sell kids shoes in there?" So over we go. Sure enough we find a pair of Nike's in a toddler size 6. I buy them. Tell the chick at the store to keep the box and the bag. So Z is now styling in her very own pair of purple and silver Nikes. She can totally hang with the cool kids now. Let me just mention that we were sooooo out of place in that store. I'll let you figure out what I mean by that without actually explaining it and offending anyone. I didn't feel uncomfortable or anything, just a family of four from the 'burbs wasn't the norm for that place.(For b and DJ and anyone else who knows this state, we were in the city that starts with a W and no one can pronounce, you'll get my point. )

3 Comments:

Blogger b said...

I know exactly where you were. Joe was from that city, and I hated visiting it when he was alive, and still hate visiting it now that he's dead. It's like there's a dark cloud hanging over it all the time. It's depressing to be there for any amount of time. Luckily, (you know what I mean by luckily. Of course I'd rather have Joe alive....) now I only have to go a few times a year!

2:28 PM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

I've forgotten Noah's shoes on numerous outings. Once on the way to a playgroup rathar far away, I even called my friend asking to bring an extra pair of her dd's! I said I didn't care if they were pink, he needed shoes at the park.

I think we need a picture of Z in her purple and silver Nikes.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

I got your point. lol

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home