Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Trip to the Zoo

You know how you have days when you wake and say, "oh god, I have no desire or energy to do anything but sit the kids in front of the tv today." And then other days, as rare as they may be sometimes, you wake up and feel energized and motivated. You can kind of convince yourself, if only for a few fleeting moments, that you're super mom. Well I had one of those good days yesterday. I decided to take the kids to the zoo. As I began the daunting task of packing lunch, snacks, sunblock, diapers, camera, etc etc I slowly began to see through the fog but I kept on trudging and it was worth it. They had a lot of fun and it really wore them out. We were there for nearly 4 HOURS!!! Poor Z was tired most of the time. I had hoped she would nap on the drive there, but she didn't. She did fall asleep the instant we got back in the car to come home of course.
Here is L on a pony ride. I did a crappy job of getting a good pic of her. The damn shutter speed on my piece o' crap camera is too slow. Anywho, she thought this was soooo cool.


My lovebugs.


There was a deer forest you could walk through and if you were quiet and moved slowly the deer would come right up to you. It was pretty cool. L even got to pet one of the more tame ones.
Thanks to the show "Diego", L ran right up to this bird and said "Mommy, its a Scarlet Macaw!" She was right. I would have called it a parrot, what the hell do I know. Thank goodness for Nick Jr.



3 Comments:

Blogger b said...

which zoo was this?

2:28 PM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

Wow, Lindsey is a smart one!

I can't tell you how much we have in common, I just took the kids to the zoo for the first time by myself yesterday, and it was a great day, so worth it. The kids did great, and I beat you, we were there 5 hours. Of course, I'm not pg, so you still win. :->

Oh yeah, and we have the same green, strawed sippies.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

b, that was Southwicks Zoo.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home