Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Do You Ever Do This?

Do you ever find yourself driving in the car, alone, no kids, and you forget who you are for a few precious moments? This is me. The radio is up way too high playing something like The Black Eyed Peas, the windows are down, I'm driving a bit too fast and probably singing and dancing a little in my seat. At a stop light I look at the car next to me and see a guy looking at me. I'm thinking he's looking at me because I'm 20 and cute and cool driving a sporty little two door car of some sort. Then I catch a glimpse of myself in the rearview mirror. I'm driving a minivan, with two carseats in the back, I have macaroni and cheese spilled on my shirt, my hair hasn't been cut in four months, I'm 32, and pregnant. I'm soooooo not the cool chick I thought I was just moments before.

6 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

LOL -- yes. I love it too when people in their 20's call me "Ma'am" now. Yeah, that makes me feel great.

10:18 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Hee hee, just about everyday.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how true this is. I hate hate hate to be called ma'am.

9:11 AM  
Blogger b said...

Yep. That would be me on a daily basis.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

Damn, I call everyone ma'am. It's just my upbringing, no malice intended.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

LOL...
I also normally forget that I DO NOT have kids back there and am still listening to Elmo halfway to my destination.

I also tell Neil to look at the truck/train/cow/horse when he is at home with daddy.

And lastly ,when I put the van in park, I automatically hit the button to open the passenger doors

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home