Tuesday, October 31, 2006

We're still alive



I know, I know you are never supposed to let a baby sleep on her tummy. Don't worry I was in the room with her the whole time. But admit it, isn't there something so endearing about a baby sleeping on her tummy with her little bubble butt up in the air?

We're all hanging in there. I think I hit rock bottom last week. So it can only be up from there, right? I don't know if it's the hormones or not but I've been doing my reading and I am confident that it's my lack of support that is causing me to feel so miserable. I have a mother, father, mother in law, father in law and sister in law all with in 40 minutes of me and how many of them have brought us a meal or groceries, or threw in a load of laundry or emptied the dishwasher or vacuumed for me????? None. No one has done a freakin thing. Sure they've come over and played with L and Z so I could catch up on laundry or something but that's about it. My mother actually came over a few weeks ago in the morning and around noon time I said " I'd offer you some lunch but I really don't have anything to make for you." What I was expecting her to say was "I'll go get us some lunch at the store." Instead she said "That's okay I'm going to get going now anyway." Thanks mom.

Am I feeling sorry for myself? You bet. It would be nice to be taken care of a little bit. Appreciated maybe. Okay, I'm done.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sraikh said...

i am sorry that no one is helping you out. You must be so tired.
I hope things start getting better.
HUGS

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you are exausted. You poor thing. I'd be right there for you hun, if I lived anywhere close. Hey I need your address, can you PM it to me?

2:14 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Awwwww, Leslie, I want to cry for you. You're doing such a great job and deserve all the help in the world. I don't know how you're doing it but you have my utmost admiration. Your girls are so beautiful!!!!!! I think you're Super Mommy. Call me if you'd like to vent. I always enjoy revelling in others misery. Maybe, just maybe someone is more miserable then me right now. :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger allison said...

I can totally empathize... and you have three! Sometimes never taking care of yourself really catches up with you.

1:48 AM  
Blogger 4texans said...

I love the picture of E with her cute butt up in the air. I love to watch my kids sleep, they look like such angels...ha!

Anyway, I'm so sorry you aren't getting any support. I know I am always horrible at asking for help. Have you tried telling them more clearly what you need? Maybe, give them a grocery list.

When I first had Olivia, my in-laws came to stay with us. One of the first days they were with us, dh went back to work. Lunch time came around and my fil asked "what's for lunch?" I told him i was making myself a sandwich. I was so irritated!

And I want to tell you that you are an awesome mom, you make it look so easy having 3 kids!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home