Sunday, October 08, 2006

What to do What to do

Don't you ever have those days when the hours just loom in front of you, empty, waiting to be filled so you can pass the time with two little kids rather painlessly? It's only 8:22 am right now, I've already been up for nearly 3 hours (thanks Z) and Hubby is at work until tomorrow, soooo what am I to do with these two little "angels" of mine for the next 11 hours until bedtime? Unfortunately, my options are limited because we are pretty darn broke right now. So trips to museums or zoos are out of the question. I haven't mentioned this in my blog, I'm not really sure why. I guess I didn't want to appear like I'm looking for pity. But Hubby lost his job way back in June. Yes, he's still a firefighter, but unfortunately a firefighter's salary just isn't what it should be. He works two 24 hour shifts a week at the fire dept and he was also working for a mortgage broker. The second job is where the bulk of our income came from. Since interest rates sky rocketed the mortgage business has crashed which means there is no money coming in for us. It's just so depressing to be in your 30's with a third baby due any day and not able to pay the bills. Suck suck suck, it's like we're going backwards.
Wow, this just turned into such a downer. Hmm, guess I needed to get that all off of my chest. I'm done now. Onto happy thoughts....
And if you're wondering where the kids are right now, they're down in the playroom, two floors below me. Completely unsupervised. I don't hear any screaming so I assume they're fine. The four year old can take care of the two year old, right? ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Is it nice enough to pack a picnic lunch and go to the park?

I'm sorry... I know how long days like this can feel. Good luck.

9:22 AM  
Blogger b said...

I'm so sorry. That really does suck. Hope you got through the day okay.

Things will get better. They have to, right?

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having tough times L. I thought that that exact thing at 5:45 a.m. this morning. Then at 10:45, when Riley asked for a bath, I said, we'll have a bath after dinner, that's in SEVEN hours. *gulp* :)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home