Saturday, December 16, 2006

Dateless

I'm going to a Christmas party tonight solo. Hubby got called into work and we already had the babysitter lined up so I figured "what the hell, I'll go alone." At first I was thinking I would just stay home, but it's the holidays, why not go socialize. Besides the party is across the street at my neighbor's house. If I stayed home I'd just be looking out the window all the cars pulling up, feeling sorry for myself. Like the little kid that couldn't go out to play with her friends. So my in laws are already here. They are downstairs watching the Lion King with the girls before bed time. Hopefully watching a movie will settle L and Z down a bit, they are on a bit of a sugar high today from eating 5,629,948,924,049 Christmas cookies .

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I hope you have a blast!

8:05 PM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

I hope you had a great time! I don't think it's bad to go solo at all. Like you said, I would feel like crap beeing cooped up with the kids watching the party across the street. Did you leave the baby too or take her?

There is a party at our church friday night but my dh has a gig at Christmas at the park. I think I'll be hitting the party without him, although, I have to bring the kids. Oh, how I wish my in-laws weren't across the country sometimes!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home