Thursday, December 14, 2006

A rambling Update

Okay, so I have not been a better blogger like I said I would. I just have such little time to sneak away upstairs to the computer. Excuses, excuses...
Anyway, I'm doing really well. I'm like a whole new women compared to what I was like a few months ago. In hind sight I guess I'd been having some depression issues during the last trimester of my pregnancy. I didn't recognize it as depression. It was more like irritable, tired, and overall a complete biotch. That sounds like typical behavior late in a pregnancy but believe me I brought it to a whole new level. I don't know how much kids and my husband could stand me. Now I'm back to myself, with the patience of a saint. Well, maybe that's a wee bit of an exaggeration.
Our Christmas shopping for the kiddos is finally done. Last Sunday night we got a babysitter and Hubby and I went to Toys R Us together and then after spending too much money we promptly went to the Friday's next door and had a beer. The girls are getting only a couple of presents this year but they are kind of "big" ones. We got L her first bike, it's hot pink, the perfect bike for a four year old girl. She also got a play kitchen and an air hockey game. It's a small table top version made for little kids. She kept seeing the commercial and said she wanted it. Hubby was thrilled, he's a hockey player and wants L to become one too. So of course we bought it for her and he will probably play it more than she does. Now Z doesn't need a thing because she has all of L's toys from when she was two but we of course had to buy her some things. So she got the Little People Castle and a Sit n Spin and a Dora backpack. She's always trying to play with L's Dora backpack and L never let's her. And baby E, well I didn't get her a damn thing. But of course I'm going to, just because. I'm thinking maybe I'll get her a Bumbo seat.
Well that's about it. Their grandparents will spoil them rotten with about a zillion more toys. Even thought every year I ask both my parents and my in laws to PLEASE not go overboard. We have way too many toys and half of them never get played with. But every year they get them more crap, I mean toys.
Oh yeah, I got a pic of E smiling yesterday. My camera is down stairs right now and I'm too lazy to got get it. So when I do, I'll post her pic. She has her two month check up the other day. She's already 13 lbs!!!!! Her reflux is improving but not doing great just yet.
Must go baby crying.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you!! I've been thinking about you.

I have a slightly used bumbo. Want it?

9:51 AM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

Aw, date night sure have changed, huh? :-)

I was going to say that's a good idea with the few "big" toys, my house is a cluttered mess with little crappy pieces, but it sounds like the grandparents are covering that part.

Great to hear from you as well. Keep it up. Can't wait to see the "smiling E" pic. Nice ring to that. :-)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Momma-rama said...

Hey! Great to hear you are feeling better. You guys did exactly what my DH and I did for Christmas shopping, just add a margarita in there...

2:04 AM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better. We've been missing you, and not just on your blog. Take care of you first! Everything else depends on that.

3:20 PM  
Blogger b said...

Glad you're feeling so much better. If you don't post in the next week, Merry Christmas!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Good God could I have mady any more typos????
You all are so damn sweet. It's nice to know I've been missed.
Blushing...
Leslie, if you're serious I'll take that bumbo off your hands.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home