Saturday, January 27, 2007

Trying Again

You may remember back in August we tried moving Z into a big girl bed. Well that didn't go over so well.We moved her back to her crib after two ridiculous nights. But as of last night she's in her big girl bed for good. It took about an hour last night to get her to actually stay in her bed and go to sleep. I expected that much. Now today at nap time she was up and out of her bed 18 billion times. So I finally stopped going back in her room and instead I stood outside her door and held it shut each time she tried to open it. She didn't know I was doing that, she probably just thought she couldn't get it open. I heard her running around in there and so I took a peak and she was taking all the books from the bookcase and piling them on her bed and looking at them. Then she found L's Leapster and sat on her bed playing with it. Eventually she laid her head down and continued playing with it. Now she's asleep with the Leapster on her chest and 84,9624 books piled in her bed with her.
I wouldn't call it a smashing success but it's definitely a success in my book. I've found as a mom, that as long as I keep my expectations low, I'm nearly always satisfied.

No, that last comment wasn't meant to be funny, I'm dead serious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home