Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Yes, I confess, I'm a sucky blogger

Ever since E was born I just can't find the time to blog. It' all her fault.
There's really been nothing to report. We've been the house of germs. L hasn't made it to a full week of school in a month. She's had fevers, throwing up and her first ever ear infection. A double ear infection as a matter of fact. She's on her first dose of antibiotics in her whole 4.5 years of life. Let's just say, the tv has been on a LOT in this house since just before Christmas. I can't wait for her to get back into school and our old routines. I told L the other day that her eyes were going to start to bleeding from watching so much tv. Not a good thing to tell a very literal four year old. She spent the rest of the day wiping at her eyes expecting to see gobs of blood.
Let's see, what else can I bore you with....
We went to a football party at our neighbor's house on Sunday. Yes, this is Patriots country, don't you know. We did an experiment. We kept the kids up until close to 11pm to see if they would sleep late the next day since we were all (including DH) going to be home on Monday we thought we might get a chance to sleep in. You probably see where this is going, and it's not good.
Did they sleep in on Monday morning? nooooooo
Did Z take a nice long nap in the afternoon? nooooo
Did she take a shorter nap than she usually does? yes
Was she a complete whiney grouchy nightmare all day? yes
Did she fall right asleep at her usual bedtime Monday night? noooooooooooooo
Did she scream and cry at bedtime because she was so over tired she couldn't settle down? yes
Is she once again an over tired grouch today? yes

One more thing. We have these neighbors across the street that have the neatest house on the whole street. But for some reason every year they keep their Christmas decorations up way beyond the holiday season. I'm talking wreaths and outdoor lights and garland around the front door etc. It's puzzling to me why they keep everything up so long. Especially, since the rest of their house is immaculate. I'm talking clean, like you could eat off of their garage floor. I'll let you know when they finally take their decorations down this year. Last year, I swear, they had them up until almost March.

5 Comments:

Blogger b said...

Good to hear from you I get the sick thing. I'm home today with that stomach bug that's travelling around. (so gross)

Blog again soon!

Maybe when everyone's healthy we can meet up at the indoor playspace?

Love,
b

10:47 AM  
Blogger DJ said...

I could have told you the result of your experiment! hee hee. I hope Z is back to her sweet self soon and that L is on the mend.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Mommie (Jessica) said...

I love reading about you! I am de-lurking a little late!

My family and everyone we know keeps getting one bug after another!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Momma-rama said...

Hey, I miss hearing from you! Isn't having 3 kids to pass around the sickies fun? Bet you didn't sign up for that. I feel your pain, believe me.

I hope things get back to normal soon for you Leslie, and the girls get better...

2:21 AM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

Arrgh, I hope everyone gets back to their healthy old selfs fast.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home