Monday, February 26, 2007

Break my heart why don't ya

Today L very matter of factly stated "I love Daddy better than you." What she meant was I love Daddy more than I love you. I very calmly said "Why?" She replied, "He plays better games and I like his voice better." She then snuck a look at me to see my response. I was quiet for a few minutes and then I kissed her head and said "Even when you say things that make me feel sad I still love you more than anything in the world."
I know she's only four. And this isn't the first time she's made such a comment but it still killed me. I really had to concentrate on not crying. I can't wait until she's fifteen and actually hates me.

5 Comments:

Blogger catankgirl said...

Aw, I'm so sorry. Sometimes Olivia kills me like that, "Grandma is my favorite person in my family." Yeah, a women you see 4 times a year is much better than me who you spend 24/7 with. Sigh. You handled it very well.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Geekette said...

I think I would have guilt tripped her. You handled it much better than I would have.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

Sigh. she is only 4 is my mantra.
Mine says, You are the baddest mommy in the whole world!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry she said that..but the i hate you doesn't feel any better..i have a 10 yr old who tends to say alot lately. I would have been very teary eyed. congrats on keeping your tears held back.

3:46 PM  
Blogger b said...

They know just what to say. And you gotta love when they look at you to see how you're ginna respond. Grrrr.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home