Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's finally happening

Ever since we moved into this house (3 years ago) we have planned on turning our unfinished basement into a family/play room.We talk about it. We even got some money to do it. Then we talk about it again. But today I see Hubby outside loading up his pick up with some items from the basement. He had the queen size mattress set in the back of his truck. My first thought was, " oh crap. He's finally fed up and he's just taking everything to the dump." The mattress set used to be in our spare bedroom but we recently renovated that room into his home office so the mattress set was thrown down into the basement. But nope, he wasn't throwing everything away at the dump. He rented a storage unit and was clearing out the basement so we can FINALLY begin framing it out into a play room. I say "we" but really I'm not doing anything. Just supervising. I told him about a year ago that we couldn't even consider having a third baby until we had a playroom. I guess the unexpected "bundle" has motivated him.
Now let's just see how long this whole project lasts. When we remodeled our kitchen last year it took nearly 8 months to fully complete. Anyone want to place any bets on how long this will take???

5 Comments:

Blogger catankgirl said...

WTG dh! Hey, if you're happy with the outcome, don't complain about the time. It's done, better than some... (Not me complaining for the record!)

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOO! WTG Hubby. That's great news Leslie.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

I don't know, we got major house projects done while I was pregnant. I think it's possible.

10:27 PM  
Blogger nowwhatelmo said...

WTG! I hope that he gets it done soon!

11:08 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

I'll bet that in the time it takes you microwave a bag of popcorn it can be done. See, if you had only known about the basement, you would have done #3 a lot sooner.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home