Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Book Whore

Here's something you probably don't know about me. I'm a book whore. That's right, a book whore. I'm a self proclaimed junky. I read A LOT. It drives hubby nuts at night when I've got my nose stuck in a book instead of paying attention to him. I can't help it. When I'm reading a good book, or even a mediocre book it calls to me through out the day.I can hardly wait to get a few free minutes to read a few pages and don't get me started on night time. Once those little munchkins are in bed I practically trip over my own feet racing for my bedroom to get my book.
Currently I'm reading "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire and over the past few weeks I've read "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult, "Magical Thinking" by Augusten Burroughs, and "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. I'm sure there's more from the past month and a half but that's what is still sitting in a pile on my nightstand. None of those books were fabulous though "Magical Thinking" was an entertaining quick read which is what I really need on occasion.
So there you have it. My deep dark secret. Behind my oh so cool exterior I'm really just a nerdy little book worm.

5 Comments:

Blogger b said...

There's nothing like getting into a good book. I love to read too. I need to spend less time on my computer at night, and more time reading.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Highlandgal said...

I used to love to read. Now I blog. ;)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I wish was more like you in that aspect... I love to read, but most of my reading is done on the computer!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had time to read. It used to be my passion.

3:30 PM  
Blogger nowwhatelmo said...

I am one too and my dh feels the same way. Glad to know we aren't alone, huh?

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home