Saturday, August 26, 2006

L has been driving me crazy lately. She has been getting out of bed about a million times each night. Sometimes it's right after I put her to bed and then again at around 3am. She has always always been an excellent sleeper, bed at 7 wake up around 7:30. She's killing me with this no sleep thing. Last night she got out of bed about 10 times right after I tucked her in and then again at 3:30 and over and over again until 5:30am. Need I remind you that Hubby is not home at least two nights a week, and of course last night was one of them. Needless to say, I'm tired. I'm wondering if she is going through some kind of insecurity that she can't quite express into words to me. So today while Hubby was home I took her to one of those paint your own pottery places for some one on one mommy time. It was nice to be alone together and she enjoyed herself, she's very artsy fartsy. But damn, that place was so expensive. We did three pieces, L picked an egg and a lizard for herself and she picked a lizard for me to do. Yes, I painted a lovely little gecko today. It came to $54!!!!!!!!!! Sigh, I guess you can't put a price tag on time spent with your daughter.

2 Comments:

Blogger b said...

$54! Holy crap! But yes, you can't put a price tag on time alone with kids.

Sorry about the lack of sleep. I wonder what's going on there...

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes - that is spendy. I've heard of those places. I can't wait until Riley is old enough to do crafty type things.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home