Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Is that what I smell like?

You know how every one's house has it's own scent? You know like when you walk into a friends house it smells different than your own? Whether it's a combination of the laundry detergent they use, the foods they cook, the pets they have, whatever the reason, it's their scent. But you can never smell your own house's scent UNLESS you go away for like a week and then come back home and you're like"Wow, does my house always smell like cat litter and Lysol?" Well yesterday I was out for a few hours and when I got home I walked in my door and was nearly knocked over by the odor of maple syrup and poop. I think the maple smell was from the maple flavored bacon that we had with breakfast on Saturday so I'm pretty sure my house doesn't usually smell like maple. BUT the poop smell, well that's clearly from my toddler and my infant. And since they poop every day, all day, it's now clear to me that my house always smells like poop and I've been blissfully ignorant to the fact.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worry about this all the time. LOL

1:04 PM  
Blogger phins_jazy said...

Me too! It's hard not to have the smell of poo around when you've got a toddler and a newborn. Sigh...it's only going to get worse. LOL

7:34 PM  
Blogger Geekette said...

I worry about this as well. I have smell goods all over just incase and try to make Mike take out the trash every day so it doesnt linger. We double bag poopy diapers and that seems to help. We also have a cat. So I work real hard to make sure we dont have that smell too. Its hard I'm tellin ya.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home