Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Weekend

Our weekend trip was great. Better than I could have hoped for. We stuffed ourselves like gluttonous pigs with lobster, clam chowder, steamers, scallops, shrimp and ice cream. We spent $100 on lunch on Friday afternoon. I don't think I 've ever spent that much at lunch, especially if you consider there were no cocktails to pay for. Well, Hubby had two beers but that hardly put a dent in the bill. It was well worth every penny I might add. We spent our days lazing at the beach and took many long walks and even went to the movies. I know the movies doesn't sound like a very exciting thing to do while on a romantic weekend away. But, we hardly ever get to the movies anymore. We do go out on date night at least 1-2 nights a month but we usually are too tired for dinner and a movie so it's one or the other and we almost always choose dinner because that way we can actually talk to each other. But Saturday night after a day at the beach we took an afternoon nap, went to dinner and then to the movies. We saw "The Breakup". It was pretty good too.
The Inn we stayed at was beautiful too. A big old Victorian House, very New Enland"ish". We had a beautiful room with a nice big canopy bed. Very romantic. Even though I'm on pelvic rest we got creative and managed to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. Oops, was that too much information?
Sunday morning Hubby woke up and said, "I miss the girls. Let's go home, it's Father's Day." I convinced him to relax until noon time. We did some shopping (for the kids of course) spent a little time at the beach and then headed home. He was so cute, he really missed L and Z.
When we got back this afternoon we went over to our neighbors house for a cookout/pool party. Since Hubby missed the kids so much he didn't mind swimming with them for about NINE hours. Well maybe not nine hours, but better him than me. I enjoyed chatting with my neighbors while they all drank Pina Coladas and cold beer and stuffed myself with too much food again. I swear I must have consumed about 12,000 calories this weekend. Can't wait until my monthly weigh in at the OB Tuesday, ugh!
So we had a great weekend. Hubby and I really got to reconnect and truly enjoy each others company. Being parents of small children is all consuming so sometimes I fear that our adult relationship, our marriage, has disappeared but then a weekend like this makes that part of our relationship resurface. It's nice to know it's still there.

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Ugh, can I tell you how jealous I am of your weekend???????? It sounds heavenly. So glad you guys had a great time!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

Sounds like a wonderful mini-vacation. and your dh is so sweet that he missed the girls

2:47 PM  
Blogger b said...

sounds unbelievable. Good for you guys!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home