Saturday, June 10, 2006

I took a page out of my own book today

I'm always giving people my unsolicited advice about babys and bedtime. It worked wonders with L and it worked really well when Z was a much younger baby. But for some reason I've been terrified of trying it with Z now that she's a little older. I swear by this method, so why am I so hesitant to try it? What the hell is she babbling about you're probably wondering? Well I always put L to bed very early and she's always slept until at least 7 am even as a baby. I have found that the later she stays up the earlier she will wake up. When L was under a year old I started putting her to bed at 6 and she'd sleep until 7 the next morning. I did this with her until she was around 3 and then I started keeping her up until 7:30'ish.
Well Z wakes up most mornings around 5:30 and she's miserable. Tonight I put her to bed at 6:15(she usually doesn't get to bed until between 7:30/8:30 depending on the chaos around here). She fell right asleep. Will she prove my theory correct and sleep until 6 or is she going to wake up screaming bloody murder and demanding breakfast at 3 am? I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm praying to any and all powers higher than me to keep her asleep until at least the sun rises. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

Well, coming from someone who's been awake at 3am on the dot every night for almost a week, I hope it works for you too! I'd totally take your advice, but my DH doesn't get home until 7pm, so Avery goes to bed at 8. If I could make him come home earlier, I would, and she'd go to bed earlier.

Is the sun still being up ever a problem?

12:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

We have black out shades in both kids rooms. They don't completely blacken the room but enough to trick a toddler. :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

So, how did it go???

I'm lucky that my kids sleep in past 8am, in fact, I have to start waking them up at 8 otherwise it's impossible to get them to sleep by 9pm.

(BTW, I couldn't even read it with that annoying blue colored font until I highlighted all the text. :-P)

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home