Thursday, June 01, 2006

So after hunting around for the right size Mosquito Magnet Hubby finally comes home last night at 9:45. He had a hard time finding the right one because they come in different sizes depending on the size of your property. We needed one for an acre plus. He found one at Home Depot. Ready for this,,, it cost SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When Hubby told me that I just stared at him blankly. Then I finally sputtered out, "And you still bought it?" He replied, "Well yeah, I don't want the kids to get West Nile Virus or something."
Okay so that's kind of cute, his concern for the kids. But HOLY SHIT, $700.00!!!! I better not see a freakin mosquito within a mile of our house this summer or I'm going to be so freakin mad.
Onto even better news. I hired a house cleaner today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO! Forget the mosquitoes now we won't have to worry about developing a rodent problem in the house due to my lousy house cleaning. I'm soooo excited!!! She starts next week for the initial BIG cleaning and then it will be every other week. I can't wait to longer be embarrassed when guests unexpectedly drop by my catastrophe of a house.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is mosquito magnet? Nevermind, don't tell me. I don't want to sink $700 we'll just stay inside. :)

Seriously, you will LOVE your housecleaner. It's my one splurge. Mine comes once a month. She's not perfect, but hell at least I don't have to do it.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Mosquito magnet is some little machine that runs on propane and it attracts mosquitoes and kills them. They take a few weeks to work efficiently but are supposed to eliminate the mosquito population in your yard. People I know that have them swear by them.

3:04 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

The cleaning lady will be the best money you have ever spent. Our crew comes every other week. I get more excited to see them walk in the door then anyone who actually lives in this house.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

ugh I am so jealous. I totally want a house cleaner.

12:04 PM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

I so wish the campground I just went to had a mosquito magnet. Oh yeah, and I want a housekeeper too. Congrats! I hope both work out perfectly.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home