Monday, June 26, 2006

First day of summer camp

Heading off to camp!!


Today was L's first day of preschool camp. It's hardly camp, it's more like preschool but far less structured. They didn't actually spend a lot of time outside but played a lot of games in the huge gymnasium. She told me they played duck duck goose, hide and seek and the hop up game. I have no idea what the hop up game is. When I picked her up this afternoon she came running out to me and said "Mommy that was so much FUN!" So I guess she liked it. She thinks she's such a big kid because they eat lunch at camp and at preschool she comes home before lunch time. She was so cute walking in there this morning with her little ladybug lunch box. I had to fight back the tears at drop off this morning. I don't know why I was so emotional. I'll chalk it up to hormones. Besides preschool this is the only time or place I've dropped her off some where and left her. The camp director happens to be a teacher from her preschool (that's really the only reason I was brave enough to sign her up for this camp) so L felt right at home. There were also a couple of boys from her preschool there today as well though L could really care less if she's with kids she knows or complete strangers. I asked her if she sat with her friends from preschool at lunch and she said "no, I sat with some new friends." I asked, "what were their names?" L said, "Oh, I don't know."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home