Monday, September 18, 2006

Update from a neurotic mom

I was a little early at pick up for preschool today. When you are early you get to watch them play during recess on the playground. A lot of the moms hang over the fence and chat with their kids during this time. I prefer to park my car close by and spy. I prefer the fly on the wall effect, that way I'm really getting to see her interact without my interference, kwim? So today I'm watching her and she's trying to play with C and A but they aren't really paying much attention to her. She doesn't really seem to mind. After all she's only four and is just as happy playing by herself. So she goes off and does her own thing. And then I notice she's playing a lot with this other little girl, also an A but a different A.
After dismissal while I'm getting her in the car, A, (the new A) and her mom come over to me and the mom says that A would really like to have a playdate with L. Hearing this was like music to my ears. I will honestly admit that I am more excited about the impending playdate than L is, not that she isn't happy about it but I am a neurotic mom so she can't possibly compare to me.
I know I sound like a crazy person who is obsessing over her four year old's social life but I'm really not. I just want her to know that she can have other friends besides C especially when C is being less than friendly. Sigh, I just want her to feel happy, confident and well loved,even when I'm not around, is that so much to ask?

6 Comments:

Blogger b said...

Not too much to ask at all. I am patiently waiting for Jacob to make his first friend at school! I feel your pain...

9:23 PM  
Blogger catankgirl said...

Yeah! I'm so glad there was a happy update! I hope her playdate with A#2 goes well!

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's perfectly acceptable for you to expect that for your baby. I want you to know I've stressed about this story more than once since I read it.

11:22 AM  
Blogger 4texans said...

I know what you mean, I feel the same way about Olivia meeting friends...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Aww thanks girls. Nothing like a group of crazy mommies to make me feel more normal. ;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Sraikh said...

Yup perfectly normal.
I'm glad that L will have a new friend.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home